Bergey Excel-S 10kW Wind Turbine
The Bergey BWC Excel is a rugged and reliable wind turbine that has been tried and tested in thousands of installations around the world. It comes from the world's leading manufacturer of small wind turbines and is backed up by the longest warranty in the industry. Whether you want to reduce your electricity bills or power a critical load, the BWC Excel will deliver years of "worry-free" power.
BWC Excel 10kW Wind Turbine
- 10 year Turbine Warranty – Longest in the industry
- Simple Design – 3 moving parts
- Patented “PowerFlex” rotor system
- AutoFurl Automatic storm protection
- Direct drive PM alternator
- No scheduled maintenance required
- Heavy duty construction
- Designed for 30+ years
- Very low noise levels
- Proven reliability, 50+ millions operational hours
- Works with the Aurora and PowerSync II inverter systems
- Complies with ESB standard EN50438
- Complies with UK standard G83 & G59
|Start-up wind speed:||3.4 m/s (7.5mph)|
|Cut-in wind speed:||2.5 m/s (5 mph) - grid|
|Rated wind speed:||12 m/s (27mph)|
|Rated power||10kW with PowerSyncII Inverter, 6kW with Aurora Inverter|
|Cut-out wind speed:||None|
|Furling wind speed:||15.6 m/s (35 mph)|
|Max design wind speed:||60 m/s (134 mph)|
|Type:||3 Blade Upwind|
|Rotor diameter:||7m (23 ft)|
|Blade pitch control:||None, Fixed Pitch|
|Gearbox||None, Direct Drive|
|Temperature range:||-40 to +60 Deg. C|
|Generator:||Neodymium Permanent Magnet Alternator|
|Output form:||230VAC, 1 Phase 50Hz or 48 VDC off grid|
Bergey XL.1 1kW Home Wind Turbine
The Bergey XL.1 24 VDC battery charging wind system is the most technically advanced small wind turbine on the market today. It provides superior energy production performance with the "Tornado Tuff" ruggedness that has made Bergey turbines best sellers since 1980. And, best of all, the XL.1 is value priced to give you the most value for your money.
The XL.1 features a PowerCenter controller that idles the rotor once the batteries are full and provides a convenient push button brake function.
In addition, it has
- A dump load capacity of 60A.
- A proportional (PWM) control to more accurately maintain battery voltage.
- A "wattmeter function".
- The ability to customize set-points
- A polarity checker for the wind and PV inputs.
Compare features, performance, price, reputation, and warranties. We think you will find that the Bergey XL.1 is the clear choice for your home power system.
FEATURES of XL-1
- 10 year warranty (Industry's longest)
- Low noise under all conditions
- Bergey "Tornado-Tuff" ruggedness
- Advanced Airfoil and oversized Neo Alternator
- AutoFurl "No Worry" storm protection
- Fail-Safe design, No dump load required for structural safety
- Upgraded multi-function microprocessor controller
- Boost Converter Provides Charging at 6 mph
- New "Slow-Mode" idles rotors when batteries are full
- Push button electric brake
Typical Performance 5.2kWh per day.