This multi million euro biopharmaceutical manufacturing project commenced on a
100-acre green field site in County Cork in autumn 2005. SIAC established on
site during December 2005 and commenced initial works in January 2006.
SIAC was responsible for the roofing, cladding and louvre installation on all
buildings on the site. These buildings comprised a main manufacturing
building, a central utilities building, a main warehouse and a laboratory and
administration block all linked by a connecting corridor. There is also a
separate waste water treatment plant on the site.
The external cladding is Kingspan KS 1000 MR Firesafe FM approved composite
panel with Corus Colorcoat HPS 200 organic facing in Anthracite and Merlin
Grey colours as manufactured by Kingspan Panels, Holywell, Flintshire in Wales.
The roofs are to a Factory Mutual specification and are completed with Paralon
modified bitumen membranes as manufactured by Imper in Turin Italy.
The louvres are a Levolux louvre system and are finished in powder paint
finish and were supplied and fitted for SIAC by QEF (The Louvre Company) of